Monday, October 31, 2011

Snow is falling

Winter is here!

I was surprised to see a snow weather warning the other day.

As the the sun started to set, the rain became frozen white flakes drifting from the heavens. Winter has arrived! A blanket of snow covered the ground with in a few hours. A beautiful blanket...

After the disappointing fall foliage I was excited to see snow. The sun always seems to shine a little brighter with snow on the ground.

It surprises me when I look back on my life and I wonder how I came to love the snowy culture so much. I grew up in a family who craved sun, sand and waves. They enjoyed the occasional snowy vacation, but never craved it more than maybe once a year. Now I live a life where snow is part of my career!

I've falling in love with New England. I do miss dearly my warm beaches with great swell in North Carolina, but the rolling mountains in New England with their magical weaving rivers do something special for me.

I hope one day to share my love for this geography with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment